St Anthony of Padua Catholic Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- To ensure that pupils, parents and staff understand an accurate definition of bullying and ensure that school processes and procedures are effective in preventing it and tackling it should any form of bullying occur.
- Ensure that the difference between the attainment and progress of boys and girls in all our classes is diminished
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure that our curriculum provision for relationships and sex education matches the requirements from the newly updated Religious Education curriculum
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
- We teach about equality and diversity through our structured and balanced PSHE and RSE curriculum.
- Protected Characteristics and British Values are taught through weekly Picture News activities in assembly as well as through our PSHE and RSE curriculum.
(Updated May 2023)